Be Part of the protein revolution !
The Global Aquaculture Challenge aims to transform aquaculture systems
globally with Technology and Data
Global Aquaculture Challenge 2nd Edition
We are now accepting sponsorships. Want to be involved?
The Yield Lab Asia Pacific is pleased to announce the 8 Challenge Innovators, and the supporting Sponsors making possible access to Prizes in excess of USD 1.6M. Read more.
The Yield Lab Asia Pacific is pleased provides insights into the global array of companies participating in this challenge as innovators or sponsors. Read more.
Global Aquaculture Challenge Webinar
"How can aquaculture become the green protein machine?"
Sep 1, 2021. Aquaculture is practically the only animal protein known to man that can be increased in output without ensuring the environmental demise of the planet.
To fulfill this potential, innovators will have to overcome legacy farming techniques and use of substances that have held back an industry that only really started to take off in the 1980s. Getting aquaculture right will have a profound impact on the world. It means plugging a protein shortage to a growing world population, reducing the risks of climate change and creating new needed jobs in poor rural areas.
Topics ranging from aquaculture nutrition to the impact of innovation will be covered during this 2 hour webinar where top renowned experts will give their views from different perspectives.
Hosted by Matt Craze, Founder of Spheric Research
- Claire Pribula, Managing Director and Co-Founder of The Yield Lab Asia Pacific
- Jim Sutter, CEO of the U.S. Soybean Export Council (USSEC)
- Dr. Randall Brummett, Senior Fisheries and Aquaculture Specialist, World Bank Group
- Dr. Kevin Fitzsimmons, Aquaculture expert from the University of Arizona and chair of global competition F3
- Dr. Christopher Golden, Assistant Prof of Nutrition and Planetary health, Harvard T.H Chan School of Public Health